Thursday 4 September 2008

Pick a favorite color, and show it in your work

What a question to put to a dyer. How do I begin to choose!

The truth is, my favourite colour is the one I dyed last.

So, working on that principle here is the last one I dyed:

2

This is a actually something slightly different from my usual lines of yarn. It is a lovely soft boucle yarn in a viscose wool mix. It is fantastically soft, and I was very tempted to knit myself a scarf with it, but I listed it on Etsy instead. It's here if you want to see more photographs.

Now the truth is that if I were about to stitch I would use much more vibrant colours. Probably something like these:

IMG_1061

but then again it could be something like:

IMG_1060

I suppose I'd better admit it. I don't work in a favourite colour at all. I work with whatever takes my fancy, and it could be as vibrant as above or as natural as below:

2

This is a rust dyed fabric, such beautiful markings and colours.

Are you any wiser than you were in the first place? This must be the most confusing post you have ever read........

So much for blog carnivals.............. ;)

8 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

You make me smile :)

Anonymous said...

No, its true for me too. Whatever touches my fancy. That is why I have so many project idea's in a pile. I can be working on one when the inspiration for another arrives and I have to grab some of the thoughts and put them somewhere lest I forget.

~Lily

storybeader said...

you are surrounded by vibrant colors - it just gets me excited looking at them! Really!

Impossible Alice said...

Oh, so many pretty colours! I love that deep purple/blue as well, I think it'd easily be one of my favourite colours :)

agoodwitchtoo said...

Such lovely and vibrant colors! You make such good use of them all in your work, sassa!

Erika said...

You make me wish I could really crochet.

Yazmin said...

I can certainly understand...especially if all your dye jobs are as beautiful as that one you posted. Just lovely.

AH said...

They are all so pretty! I can see your dilemma.