Friday 10 October 2008

Work outside Etsy

Sassa Lynne is not my only concern. I also have a textile art supply business called Winifred Cottage This is partly a mail order shop, but most of our time is spent travelling to colleges and courses to supply the students. As such it is fairly unique, and I love it.

Once a year we attend an international show at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham UK. Here is a picture of our stand, my DH is posing behind the counter, and we have yet to finish our setup!

Your can also see one of the hand-dyed cloths that we use, and some of the dyed threads are displayed on the wall to the right.

I also teach, and travel back to some of the colleges at which we sell to do this.

4 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like fun!

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Oooo you have a FUN job :)

storybeader said...

lots of questions swimming around in my head...do you also sell at craft fairs, where do you get your threads, what kind of classes are you teaching, etc. Sound real interesting - nice that your DH will go with you...

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

Fascinating!!! Thanks so much for sharing!